Friday 17 October 2014

Post-Apocalyptic Costume Research

Costumes in post-apocalyptic films (and other forms of media) are designed to be rugged and dirty. This is due to the characters being unhygienic in a desolated world. There are post apocalyptic films about a utopia or dystopia where the characters are wearing clean and hygienic clothing and films set directly after an apocalypse where clothing isn't as rugged, but the brief I have chosen asks for a post-apocalyptic film set in the year 2025, and my partner and I plan on it being set quite a while after the apocalypse itself.



These are all good examples of post-apocalyptic films and the clothing within them. I hope to set the opening not too long after the apocalypse, and for the protagonist not to look as rugged and dirty as the ones in the above slides. 'I Am Legend' is a good example of that; hardened, but not too rugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment