Saturday 18 October 2014

Post-Apocalyptic Classification Research

There isn't much to find out in terms of classifications. Most post-apocalyptic films seem to have the age certificate of 15, with some 18s and some, but very few, 12s. This is probably due to the fact that post-apocalyptic films tend to be aimed at a more mature audience. The genre does seem to aim more at the 15 certificate than the others. Both films that I plan on taking influence from so far, 'I Am Legend' and 'The Road', are given the classification of 15, so I feel that 15 and above is the age range to aim for and give it the darker feeling needed in a post-apocalyptic opening.


Even with this in mind, my partner and I can still aim for a 12A classification or an 18, but I feel that 15 suits my ideal opening more than the others stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment